JTAG-HS3, FT232 chip erased

twister

Question

Hello, I have used the digilent JTAG-HS3 programmer simultaneously with other device with FT232H chip and I have probably erased by accident the FT232 chip on Digilent module or there is a problem with drivers - the device is still recognized as Digilent USB serial converter by the system so I think is not damaged, but the cable is not visible in xilinx software. Could you please help me?

Hi @Sergey,

I have sent you a PM with instructions.

We have chosen not to post the application because much like FTPROG, it is very easy to overwrite the EEPROM on other chips and as far as I know not all device manufacturers have a way to restore their device.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi,

I tried to use the HS3 on a PC under Windows 7 that had total 3 FTDI devices connected. My HS3 is not recognised & I have numerous Xilinx programming problems using both ISE 14.7 & Adept.

Suspect the HS3 FTDI eeprom has been re-flashed.

Can someone point me in the direction of finding a way to fix this please?

Thanks, Dave_C

Hi,

I'm in the same boat. I  was working on another a device which contained a FT2332 or similar device. I later had the JTAG programmer inserted when I was trying to repair the other device. I ended up accidentally erasing the FT232 device that is for the JTAG-HS3 programmer and now Vivado doesn't recognize it.

Thanks,

Chris

On 1/8/2019 at 6:13 AM, Bianca said:

Hi @Striker,

You have a private message with the solution.

Best regards,

Bianca

On 1/7/2019 at 3:38 PM, Striker said:

Hi,

I'm in the same boat. I  was working on another a device which contained a FT2332 or similar device. I later had the JTAG programmer inserted when I was trying to repair the other device. I ended up accidentally erasing the FT232 device that is for the JTAG-HS3 programmer and now Vivado doesn't recognize it.

Thanks,

Chris

Hello,

I'm also in the same boat.  As those above I was working on another device which contained an FTDI device and was reprogramming it.  Please if possible send me the instructions and what is required to fix the HS3

Hi there,

I have the JTAG-HS2 cable, fully recognized on my linux, but it dosn't seem to interact well with iMPACT. Since I've been struggling a lot with legacy configurations and weird flashing tools, I think it is likely that the flash is corrupted.

How can I restore the firmware of the device?

Cheers,

Ardent

Dear Digilent Employees!

The exact same thing happened to me as to the fellow engineers here.

I bought a HS3-JTAG programmer which worked brilliantly (congrats for the developers) but unfortunately (and also unintentionally) erased it's firmware while I was re-configuring an other FTDI USB converter chip on my FPGA dev board.
Could you send me the same info as you sent to the other forumers in this thread?
Thank you very much!

Hi guys!

I probably have the same problem with the JTAG-HS3.
It is recognized by the Xilinx ISE 14.7 and the digient plugin is loaded but I see nothing on my boundary scan chain.
My chain has no problems, as I tested it with another jtag pogrammer.

The adept software gives me "Found device ID: ffffffff" error.
Thanks in advance.

Dave

Hello guys,

I had the same issue today. I accidentally erased the FTDI chip on the HS3 when I was trying to program another FTDI device (FT2232H) on the same machine. Please if possible let me know the instructions to reprogram the FTDI chip on the HS3.

Thanks in advance.

Harshith