Question

Hello Digilent Community,

I am working on a image processing project and was wondering if anyone had advice or could point me in the right direction. I have tried following some tutorials and example projects, but I am still trying to wrap my head around Xilinx Vivado and SDK. The project really shouldn't be very difficult, I think I am just missing some information or the best way to go about doing it.

For the project I am using the Zybo z7-20 development board and want to save two images to an SD card. The two pictures are black and white frames from a video just seconds apart, so there is only slight change in the frames themselves. I want to compare the two frames and output either a black and white image of the change in pixels or a binary file of '0' being an unchanged pixel and '1' being a change in the pixel. MATLAB has the 'Computer Vision System Toolbox' 'Tracking Cars Using Foreground Detection' Simulink example that is similar to what I want to do on the Zybo z7-20 FPGA. The following figure show the original video (right) with blob detection (the green square) and the binary output image of the change in pixels in the foreground (left).

MATLAB_Foreground_Detection_Example.PNG.68f0425b853cb97c8d7d75654afbffa7.PNG

I want to use the Zynq Processor and write C code to do the analysis, but I haven't found a clear way to access the SD card from the Xilinx SDK. The following figure is of my current Block Design with only the Zynq Processor as well as some GPIO to test.

Zybo_z7_20_Block_Design.PNG.5d710c1d4a5cadb66ddb3f11a75f1a01.PNG

I am still researching and looking at examples to compare, but wanted to see if the community had any pointers or if someone has done this before. I am a college student and I have been really interested FPGA's and digital design for the past 6-9 months, but I have mainly written my own Verilog code and haven't worked with block design or running C code on any of my designs. Any comments or suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Archived