build the sdk for petalinux on windows 7

yassin

Question

9 hours ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @yassin,

Welcome to the forums. Since this is still an active thread could you make a new post for your question so that this thread does not get confusing. Also with your new post could you clarify your question. I'm not 100% sure what you are asking. Are you wanting information of how to build the sdk for petalinux on windows 7? 

cheers,

Jon

Hi @jpeyron,

yes my questions are:

how to build the sdk for petalinux on windows 7?

how to build the BOOT.bin for example of Sobel filter on windows 7?

how to build the u-boot for example of Sobel filter on windows 7?

thanks.

5 answers to this question

Hi @yassin,

I moved your thread to a section where more experienced embedded linux users will look. I have reached out to a more experienced embedded linux engineer who can give you the best response to your questions.  Also here is an Instructable for getting started with petalinux that might be helpful for you if you haven't installed petalinux yet. 

thank you,

Jon

Hey yassin,

I haven't done much with petalinux in the past year, but unless there has been some dramatic changes petalinux itself has to be run in one of the supported Linux environments. So if you mean that you don't have a native Linux machine I would suggest setting up a Linux virtual machine and working with petalinux from there.

I am not sure if there is a specific Sobel filter project you are referring to, but as for creating an image with petalinux that includes a Sobel filter, you could approach this a couple ways. Adding a filter block in Vivado to a block design would let you add a filter in hardware, or you could find some source code that implements one in software (in OpenCL for instance). It really depends.

For specifics about using petalinux I suggest checking out this link, as Xilinx provides pretty thorough documentation on petalinux usage.

-Nate

Archived