CMOD A7 industrial ver -?

Qmellory

Question

Hello!

CMOD A7 is perfect for R&D purposes. It's standalone, has all-in-one features for immediately start new design. It's easy to replace, easy to debug, easy program. It's easily may be connected to any experimental board to control it. It easily may communicated to LabVIEW. Using this breadboard I can speed-up my project development. I can write and debug my code when the main PCB in production; and when this PCB finally will be ready – just insert fully debugged CMOD in the socket, and whole system is ready for work!

Just one thing completely ruined all these advantages of that fantastic tiny device. It's "not certified for industrial design", and I can't use it for the final product – just for R&D prototype. My question is: is any chance you replace commercial version of FPGA to industrial ver instead? Is any chance you will certify it?

Thank you!

Dmitri. Lumenis, Israel.

2 answers to this question

Hi @Qmellory,

There has not been, as far as I am aware, any discussion or plans to offer industrial versions of the embedded FPGA (rather than the commercial variant) of our FPGA products, though I can put in a note that there is a request for such a device.

I'm glad to hear that you like the Cmod A7, though admittedly I am curious (you don't have to respond to this bit, of course) if you would prefer it if it had some more IO, had support for other logic standards, or other features that were mentioned in this thread, if only because echoed requests from multiple people are more likely to be heard by the stakeholders that be rather than single requests: https://forum.digilent.com/topic/23509-cmod-a7-with-more-io/.

Thanks,
JColvin

I like the fact that there is no DDR or hard processor cores on the CMOD-A7. Just the fabric. Simple and clean. My number one request would be more than a single ground pin. I know it's never going to have really high speed IO, but give us more than a single ground pin in the corner.