ECLYPSE Z7 Power failure

Zhang416

Question

Hello, Eclypse z7 encountered the same issue as this post today while using Pmod. I tested the voltage and capacity of each position at each position according to your answer and it is the same situation as his, so now this problem has a new solution?

https://forum.digilent.com/topic/22400-eclypse-z7-power-failure/

Thanks!

Zhang

Edited by Zhang416

3 answers to this question

Hi @Zhang416,

In the interest of avoiding confusion or presuming inaccurate information, I'm still going to ask for a more specific set of voltages; a more contained list of the voltages as well as a reference image for their location is in this post:

Could you also let me know a bit more what you were doing with the Pmod port? Just using it with some module, using it plus a Zmod, something else?

Thanks,
JColvin

@JColvin

Hi JColvin,

Hello, I was doing some easy work on the zmodScope1410-105 that I purchased with this board. To be more specific, I connected a signal generator (100khz, 2v square wave), and was observing the waveforms through Digilent-Software "Waveforms", and then he suddenly broken(No Wave).

The voltage at the port is:

C291: 12V;

C293: 3.3V;

C271: 5.0V;

C277: 1V;

C302: 0V;

C264: 12V;

C303: 0V;

C305: 0V;

C243: 0V;

C249: 0V;

C296: 1.2V;

Thanks.

ZHANG

Hi @Zhang416,

Thank you for the information.

From my understanding, even if you were on the high gain setting for the Zmod Scope (+/-1 V input range) when applying the 2 V square wave (presuming the Eclypse Z7 & Zmod were sharing a common ground with whatever device was generating the 2 V signal), the Eclypse Z7 should not be damaged by this, or at least not the 1.8 V rail.

If you purchased the board directly from Digilent and wish to exchange it, please send me a private message with the following information:

- Order Number
- Purchase date
- Board Serial number (barcode sticker on the underside of the board starting with "D")
- preferred email contact

so I can get the information to our Sales team who will then follow up with you to confirm any additional information from you, such as shipping address, that I don't have access to.

If you instead purchased the board from a distributor (Farnell, Amazon, etc) you will need to contact that distributor directly for their own RMA process. The distributor will then contact Digilent directly as needed. Feel free to reference this thread as having done troubleshooting with a Digilent engineer.

Thanks,
JColvin