Wavegen- output calibrated in RMS/dBu/etc?

David Aurora

Question

Just wondering if there is a way to set output using units like VRMS or dBu, or if this could be added to the next release? I got an AD2 a while back for a super specific purpose/project, but now that I've got it I find myself wanting to use it more on my test bench as I really like the software overall and sometimes don't feel like setting up 3 different physical instruments for a simple task.

The Wavegen is the sticking point for me though given that I work in audio land, it's really clunky setting levels in terms of peak amplitude rather than RMS voltages or decibels etc. Maybe it's in there, but I can't find a way to do it and whipping out a calculator every time I want to put out a specific level isn't overly appealing so I always wind up going back to hardware signal generators instead.

Other than this one gripe I'm still blown away how much I dig this thing, I had tried some other USB test instrument products and hated them so much, but overall I find Waveforms just as nice to work on as the hardware on my bench, so thanks!

5 answers to this question