Unable to detect AD2 on MATLAB

spbhanus

Question

Hello All,
I have purchased AD2 and I tested it using the Waveforms Software and got live inputs/outputs, works great.

However, I cannot detect the device in MATLAB using the command 

daqlist("digilent")

After using this command I am getting no output. (attached in the image)

image.png.17f887eeb9dd16ae97c9fb841d7f5236.png

I am referring to this tutorial Getting started

Please let me know how can I start using the Device on MATLAB.

6 answers to this question

Hi @spbhanus,

I don't have MATLAB installed nor a license for it, but looking at some of these MathWorks pages, you should be able to check what toolbox you have installed via the `ver` command, be able to confirm which vendors have support in your toolbox via `daqvendorlist` and which devices are attached via `daqlist`. Here are the MathWorks pages I was referencing: link1, link2. In case it turns out that you don't have the hardware support package for the Digilent hardware, there are some instructions on how to install it on this Mathworks page.

As Attila mentioned on your other thread, not all functionalities are inherently supported in the Matlab toolbox; some of those limitations are explained on this Mathworks page.

Thanks,
JColvin

I just installed the Hardware support package.

image.png.54612d365814cc28593ef35cedf5db02.png

I get this when I do "ver"

>> ver
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATLAB Version: 9.11.0.1769968 (R2021b)
MATLAB License Number: 660149
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0 (Build 19043)
Java Version: Java 1.8.0_202-b08 with Oracle Corporation Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM mixed mode
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATLAB                                                Version 9.11        (R2021b)
Simulink                                              Version 10.4        (R2021b)
Data Acquisition Toolbox                              Version 4.4         (R2021b)
Deep Learning HDL Toolbox                             Version 1.2         (R2021b)
Deep Learning Toolbox                                 Version 14.3        (R2021b)
Fixed-Point Designer                                  Version 7.3         (R2021b)
GPU Coder                                             Version 2.2         (R2021b)
HDL Coder                                             Version 3.19        (R2021b)
HDL Verifier                                          Version 6.4         (R2021b)
Image Processing Toolbox                              Version 11.4        (R2021b)
MATLAB Coder                                          Version 5.3         (R2021b)
Parallel Computing Toolbox                            Version 7.5         (R2021b)

This is for the daqvendorlist

>> daqvendorlist

ans =

2×4 table

ID             FullName          AdaptorVersion    DriverVersion
    __________    ___________________    ______________    _____________

"ni"          {'Not Operational'}    "4.4 (R2021b)"      "unknown"  
    "digilent"    {'Digilent Inc.'  }    "4.4 (R2021b)"      "3.7.20" 

This is when I run daqlist("digilent")

>> daqlist("digilent")

ans =

0×0 empty table

Please let me know how can I make this work

I tried a couple of things, installing the support package for Digilent devices, Downgraded the Waveforms software to whichever versions the support package was installing, use MATLAB 2021b, tried other USB ports, closing the Waveforms software before running the MATLAB code. It could be one of these things, some of these things or maybe all.

Thanks for your assistance.