Drivers needed for WiFire boad (Windows 10)

resodad

Question

12 answers to this question

Hi @resodad,

I'm not certain how to get the drivers directly through Microchip or a simple application (since I'm not able to find it on the internet, though it would be great if a community member is able to point to them), so what I would recommend (since it's the only way that I am currently aware of) is to download the Arduino IDE and the Digilent Core for the Arduino IDE, where you will then be able to the needed drivers and installers in the folder that follows the same path style as: C:\Users\jcolvin\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Digilent\tools\drivers-windows\v2.

Let me know if you have any questions,
JColvin

Thanks.

I reinstalled the recommended version of Adduino IDE, and installed the digilent core, and Digilent WiFire Rev D shows up in the Arduino board list.

but the location:

C:\Users\ij8977\AppData\Local\Arduino15

does not contain the folder with drivers.

Thanks.

It's not working for me.

I also tried these drivers without success (attached, and the link is here):

https://github.com/MicrochipTech/XPRESS-Loader/tree/master/utilities/inf

Can you verify that my method is correct:

(in Windows 10) Open Device Manager

right click on Digilent WiFire under Other Devices,

click Update Driver Software...

Browse my computer... to the location containing these files.

(I get Windows was unable to install your Digilent WiFire)

I also tried  Let Me Pick From A List Of Device Drivers...

but I could not find anything promising.

I am going to generate a ticket at Microchip Support.

John

mchpcdc.cat

mchpcdc.inf

Hello,

Microchip was not sure how to help, and they directed me back to you.

Is there anything else I can try?

Attached image 1: I am getting this screen from "properties" of the WiFire Board under Device Manager.

Attached image 2: I have these drivers on my computer, but I can not get anything to work.

Regards

John

5af1eebab36a6_wifirenodriver.png.bc4910b02917ddd80b82e71e6782c440.png5af1ef199b9eb_chipkitdrivers.png.2183943ac04f878f2ac443fa29944d0e.png

Hi @resodad,

Have you uninstalled the driver and then re-installed it? If not connect the wi-fire to the pc. In the Device Manager open the wi-fire driver and click on the driver tab. Uninstall the driver. Disconnect the wi-fire from the pc. Then restart your computer. Then connect the wi-fire to the pc and Windows 10 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically. 

thank you,

Jon

Hi @resodad,

I talked with another one of our engineers here at Digilent and they recommended that you make sure that you have the latest FTDI Serial USB driver from the FTDI website here: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm. Presuming you are on a 64-bit version of Windows 10, this will be the 2.12.28 version of the driver.

Let us know how this goes.

Thank you,
JColvin

Archived