Device configuration failed (Scope chip id) 0xC0

Famartinez76

Question

Hi guys,

I keep getting the following message when I try to connect waveforms to my Analog Discovery 2.

"Device configuration failed (Scope chip id) 0xC0
USB: 5.02V 374mA AUX 0.00V 0mA"

The LED is blinking as if the device would be alive and kicking and the device is listed as I device i would be allowed to connect to but I cannot use any of its functions.

Is there anything that I can do to fix it?  i tried in different computers and the result is the same.

Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help.

Capture.JPG

10 answers to this question

Hi @Famartinez76,

I have moved your question to a more appropriate section of the Forum.

As a confirmation, in your main computer (it looks like you are using Windows), does the AD2 show up as a USB Serial Converter in the Windows Device Manager when you connect it?

I personally haven't seen this error before, so what I would try to do is reload the data in the EEPROM since it appears that the AD2 is properly getting power from the host computer. You can do this by pressing Alt+F11 on the Device Manger screen of the WaveForms software and then clicking on the "My device is not listed" button that appears at the top to find your device and re-program it. As Attila recommends latter on in this thread, don't do this if your device is already correctly recognized.

If this does not resolve the problem though, I will need to pass you off to @attila who is much more familiar with the WaveForms software.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @JColvin

The FTDI EEPROM reprogramming is only and only needed when the device is not detected/recognized by the software (Adept, WaveForms, Xilinx SDK...). This happens when the content (Digilent ID, SN) was erased by another application like FTProg.
Unneeded reprogramming could lead to missprogramming the device, like programming AD as AD2 and we end up with more hassle to solve...

Archived