1.8V clock up to 200MHz

Arasch

I am looking for an FPGA development board that can generate tunable output-clock from 1MHz to 200MHz with signal swing between 0V and 1.8V.
Is there a special one you would recommend?
I was looking at "Genesys 2 Kintex-7 FPGA Development Board" - can this produce such clocks with 0V-1.8V swings? Which pins would be configurable for up to 200MHz and 0V-1.8V?
Thank you for your help.

Hi @Arasch,

The FMC on the Genesys 2 has an adjustable voltage and can run 1 -200 MHz. On Section 2 and section 15 of the reference manual for the Genesys 2 it describes the use of the FMC. The Nexys Video and the Zedboard should also be able to do this. The difference Is the Genesys 2 has a High pin count FMC and the Zedboard and the Nexys Viedo have a Low pin count FMC. Depending on what you are trying to do you might be able to find an FMC card that meets your needs or you will need to make your own FMC card.

cheers,

Jon

If you look in the Project Vault differential PMOD challenge you will see a project that uses an FMC mezzanine board to produce a clock that more than meets your frequency requirements. The cheapest board that I know of is the Xilinx HW-FMC-105-DEBUG card. You'll have to get the schematic and verify that the programmable clock output signal through the FMC connector can be 1.8V compatible.... my recollection is that the signal is 3.3V LVDS. There are boards with programmable clocks on board. The KC705 has two FMC connectors and at least one SMA clock output, The HW-FMC-105-DEBUG works with either the HPC or LPC FMC connector. From your question I assume that you have an external board requiring this 1.8V clock and you don't mention how this board can be driven.

Archived