PMODs arty s7 50

DigitalConfig

Question

This looks like it will meet my needs if I purchase the correct accessories.  Ill need the correct usb cable and power supply.  I may also purchase the VGA ps2 and stepper motor driver PMOD boards.  can you let me know which are best?  also thinking DAC ADC for analog stereo music recording if I can afford it all this time. or I may pick and choose but I do think this package Is for me.  I am concerned thou about the power supply issue I saw recently in the forum where I am uncertain if this means I cannot use a power supply or if the issue has been resolved.  Please let me know I wish to place my order ASAP. 

Sincerely,

DC

4 answers to this question

Hi @DigitalConfig,

The Arty S7-50 uses a micro B USB cable, such as this one. In general, you will be able to power the Arty S7-50 through the micro B cable, but otherwise you can use a power supply that runs between 7V and 15V, such as this one. From my understanding power supply issues have only been with the Arty A7 and not the Arty S7.

As for which are the best in terms of Pmod boards, that'll depend what your application needs are. We only have one Pmod VGA and Pmod PS2, but there are two different stepper motor drivers, the Pmod STEP and the Pmod DHB1. There are also multiple DAC and ADC modules as well (AD1, AD2, AD5, DA1, DA2, DA3, and DA4) as well a MIC3, AMP2, AMP3, and I2S which can do some audio styled applications as well, but I don't know what sort of audio application you had in mind.

Thanks,
JColvin

Great Thanks.. A few more questions please. The USB POWER VGA look good Question regarding Stepper Driver... I want to run 2 motors at once 4 wire .. it says you can run a 4 and 6 at same time, (PMOD Stepper that is)I am wondering  if you can run a 4 wire on the 6 wire output (note I am new to stepper motors but read a few tutorials).  Could you give me reference to 2 specific motors that will plug into the sockets at the same time and run simultaneously? 

also the I2S looks good but it is DAC not ADC the desired outcome is 16bit stereo 44100hz CD quality both in and out.. I think the I2S does this out but not input.  is there a PMOD or project with some custom wiring for the input? (note standard line input 2 channel stereo)

Thanks Again Sincerely,

DC

PS. ALSO I filled out the survey on your link it said I get 10% off then it said only before the end of 2017 lol ! so do I get the 10% off so I can buy all my accessories? or do I have to wait for some of them? thanks DC

Archived