Zynq 7000 External Mux

Sam Bergami

Question

9 answers to this question

@Sam Bergami,

Well that's a start ... but does the ZedBoard have an external mux?

Looking through the schematic, I'm only finding two things that might refer to what you are asking about.  The first is an audio port that will multiplex between microphone and line in.  The second is the XADC port that leads to an internal mux (not external).

So, like @jpeyron, I'm not certain what you are talking about yet.

Dan

If I want to just input a voltage using the XADC header pins and read something out in the terminal, how would I go about doing this? Is anyone familiar with the XADC Header pin outs?

I found this link to be helpful with specifying each pin, but I'm not sure what pins are needed to connect to what. I currently have the XADC header connected to a protoboard that has an output of 0.625 Volts. I am trying to connect the power from the protoboard to the XADC header pins so that I can read a signal other than 0 in the channels in the terminal, but I am still only getting 0.

Should I be connecting the power to both the Vp and Vn and then ground to pin 4 (AGND)? Do I need to have all of the grounds within the XADC header connected to ground?

@Sam Bergami,

Not having a Zedboard, but at least now understanding what you wish to do, I'll punt back to @jpeyron to see if he knows of an example for you to examine.

Until he gets back to you, you might wish to look at the XADC component library description in the 7-series libraries guide, or the guide for how to use the XADC in general.  There may be a different interface when using an O/S, but .... I'll wait to see what others have to say.

Dan

Archived