Zybo touch input not working in linaro linux

Lightning

Question

Hi,

currently, i managed to run linaro linux on my zybo by using this guide

http://www.instructables.com/id/Setting-up-the-Zybot-Software/

inputs such as mouse and keyboard are working fine, however the touch input from my lcd display are not working (the touch input works in my windows computer, so its not the display which is broken)

the touchscreen display is from eGalaxTouch or better known as eGalaxTouchscreen

can someone kindly help me to solve this problem?

thank you very much

Regards,

Lightning

7 answers to this question

Hi @Lightning,

Welcome to the forums! So are you able to get video on the touch screen? Is the touch part the only part not working?  I would first look and see it there is a driver for your touchscreen. If so i would install it and see if this resolves your issue. If not it might need a change to the hardware design.   

cheers,

Jon

Hi @jpeyron

Thanks for the reply, yes indeed the video works, only the touch part isn't working.

I've tried to install the driver provided by the manufacturer, however it gives an error:

"Can't load uinput module. Please rebuild the module before installation."

Is there a guide or a way to deal with this kind of error?

Thank you very much

Regards,

Lightning

Hi @jpeyron

Thank you for your reply,

I execute the installation script, found in the driver website here:

http://www.eeti.com.tw/drivers_Linux.html

it gave me the error i've said before

"Can't load uinput module. Please rebuild the module before installation."

i also tried your suggestion but it gives me no(zero) module when i typ "lsmod" in terminal

and when i tried to type "modprobe --list" it gives me the following error:

"FATAL: could not load /lib/modules/3.17.0-xilinx-00114-gda2d296-dirty/moduless.dep: No such file or diretory"

i've also tried adding the module manually via /etc/modules, but still the touch screen isn't working.

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thank you very much for your time

Regards,

Lightning

Hi Lightning,

I peaked at the EETI_eGTouch_Programming_Guide.pdf included with the touchscreen driver, and it looks like there are a good deal of kernel dependencies (including uinput). I would bet that you will need to rebuild the kernel, and also manually copy the generated .ko files where they need to be in the linaro file system.

The kernel source used for that project can be downloaded from the instructables page for the Zybot. Use it rebuild the uImage and the modules with the needed changes.

Archived