DisplayPort on Genesys2 OOB project does not work

marco_pavesi

Question

Hi everybody

I have a problem with the downloaded OOB design for Genesys 2: the DisplayPort seems to be properly configured, but the video does not appear.

(It is not an issue related with the board, because the OOB stored on the flash of Genesys2 perform perfectly).

I downloaded the design from the GIT (https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/genesys-2-user-demo/start), dated 2017 March 18.

Another ZIP is available, dated today (2017 May 2), looking inside they seems equivalent.

Both designs are the previous version of the OOB, updated to Vivado 2016.4 and SDK 2016.4

So, I created the Vivado 2016 project, I asked for the proper evaluation licenses, and I achieved the bitfile. without particular problems.

Then, I  exported the HW to SDK, and I tried to import the sdk project/BSP (g2demo and g2demo_bsp) according to the instructions. I had a lot of errors.

So, I generated a brand new BSP, with all driver updated, and I compiled the application. Everything fine. I downloaded to the board, and everything performs OK.... except DisplayPort.

Console messages seems ok, the presence IRQ works, the DP is correctly trained and the screen is properly configured.... and nothing is shown. 

(By the way, VGA and HDMI works perfectly). Console messages are reported in screen.png

I noted that the BSP delivered is really,really outdated. I tried to "patch" a .mss with the same outdated versions, but I had (as expected) a lot of bugs. Difference on versions are shown in drivers.png.

Then I tried to keep the brand new BSP, and to outdate only the dp driver. It compiled, fine, but the behaviour is exactly the same.

Now, I have some difficulty to proceed. It seems that the BSP you deliver is outdated, and it seems very strange.

May you check your distribution, or, if correct, please  give me an help about how to have correct compilation.

Many thanks in advance, Marco Pavesi.

screen.png

drivers.png

1 answer to this question

Archived