Logging "fast" measurements to a txt file

quiquitos

Question

Hi, 

I need to do measurements for a 10 seconds period, sampling at 20 kHz one of the analog inputs. Using the Analog Discovery 2, Can i log these values to a file?I want to process later this file. It is very important to log each of the values.  I hope you can help me to solve this doubt! Thanks a lot!!

9 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @quiquitos,

More specifics about your project could be useful. To answer your question genericaly it's possible but you will need local memory to save data and then ship it out over uart.

cheers,

Jon

Hi @Jon thanks for answering. I want to read the values of a piezo electric sensor, for ten seconds @20kS/s, and then store that data to a file, so that later i can do some signal processing on top of that file, offline. Do you need extra information ? Two doubts @Jon, how much data can I store in local memory?  how fast can i sample (kS/s) while writing in local memory? is there any documentation where i can see how this process is done?

Hi @quiquitos,

I moved your thread to a better section to be seen by more experienced forum members. Here is the waveforms 2015 reference manual. I would look at section 5.5 and 5.7. also, Here is a thread that talks about getting data into a file. Here is the Waveforms SDK reference manual as well.

cheers,

Jon

PS my tag would be @jpeyron

2 hours ago, attila said:

Hello,

Yes, you can record such data using AD2 and export to file manually or with the logging tool.
i1.png

@attila thanks a lot for the answer.Just to clarify,  is the data logged locally in the AD2 and then transferred to the PC? or all the measurements are transferred on the fly (real time)  to the computer and logged there? Thanks

1 hour ago, quiquitos said:

@attila thanks a lot for the answer.Just to clarify,  is the data logged locally in the AD2 and then transferred to the PC? or all the measurements are transferred on the fly (real time)  to the computer and logged there? Thanks

Ok, i found the answer, the information is transferred on the fly. 

Archived