Digilent Driver Installation for Metaware.

Prashanth iyer

Question

Hi All,

I am trying to install digilent driver for the digilent hs2 cable which i have. I want to install the driver on 64 bit red hat machine. I have metaware software which is 32 bit executable. does that mean i should install 32 bit version of digilent cable driver? metaware complains it not finding shared libraries in the runtime. 

I downloaded the 32 bit version and installed them but still it didn't find those shared libraries. I eventually added these shared libraries to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the 32 bit shared library. 

This is the guide i followed to install and go to downloading and installing digilent driver section.

https://www.embarc.org/gst_mw_linux.html

I also installed the digilent utility drivers to test if my jtag device is connected. It says no device. 

lsusb finds the FTDI chip. How can i make sure i have drivers installed correctly and i have jtag connected?

other end of the cable is connected to the FPGA PMOD pins which inturn is connected to the 4 wire jtag pins of ARC processor.

Thanks,

Prashanth

5 answers to this question

Hi Jon,

I have made progress. I installed the 64 bit version of the digilent run time and utilities. libusb1.0 was already installed in the machine.  Running the utility still said no devices found. After reinstalling the ftdi driver i am able to see ARC EM starter kit and jtaghs2 cable detected by running djtgcfg enum utility. 

1. Here is in the next step i would like to do. Since metaware uses 32 bit executable it uses diligent shared libraries 32 bit as well. I would like to get 32 bit digilent runtime, utilities and ftdi and libusb1.0 installed in 64 machine.  is it okay? 

2. If i have already installed 64 bit version of these installed  should i remove them  before i  can install 32 bit version of these drivers? 

3. Since i need libusb1.0 also to be 32 bit share library how can i achieve this? 

Regards,

Prashanth 

Hi Prashanth,

We support 32 bit version of runtime and utilities running on a 32 bit system as well as 64 bit version of runtime and utilities running on a 64 bit system. Unfortunately we do not support multiarch for a few different reasons one of which is described by your question 3.

thank you,

Jon

Hi Prashanth,

I am sorry for the frustration you are having with Metaware. It is a Synopsys product. I would suggest to get support for Metaware from Synopsys from here. Digilent does provides the Adept 2 for both 64 and 32 bit systems. Adept 2 is Digilents supported software that is designed to work with the JTAG-HS2.  

thank you,

Jon

Archived