Remote Access for ADP3250

Alex Withrow

Question

I'm looking to access my ADP3250 remotely when I'm out of the office. I've got it hooked up and running on my home network, i just want to be able to connect to it when i'm not at home. I'm curious to see if anyone has done something similar?

Here is what i've figured out so far with some network sniffing. The device uses two ports, 33890 (TCP/UDP) and 52432 (TCP). UDP is for broadcast discovery. TCP:33890 looks to be control data and TCP:52432 is for instrument data. What i'm doing is forming an SSH tunnel to a device on the same network as the ADP and then using socat to send packets through the tunnel and to the device itself. I add localhost into waveforms as the address of the device and then (in theory) all the traffic gets sent via my sockets/tunnels.

I'm close since I can see the 33890 TCP stream on my home network when i'm remote. The problem seems to be that the device responds with the home ip:port of 52432 for waveform to connect to. It tries to connect and since i'm on a different network, it fails. I guess I need to setup a route on my machine to route packets for my home network though my tunnel? Is there some other way to get this to work? Thanks in advance

2 answers to this question

Hi @Alex Withrow,

Digilent, courtesy of Shrouk El-Attar, has a video on setting up remote access for the ADP3250/ADP3450 here that should hopefully be helpful to you:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin