Waveforms Project stopped working with v. 3.22.2 (win x64)

DaniS

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi @DaniS,

I verified that the workspace you attached causes WaveForms to crash while attempting to open it in 3.22.2 on my Windows 10 machine.

I don't know what might have changed on the software side of things, but I have been successfully running the attached workspace without apparent issues for several minutes on the latest beta version of WaveForms:

Please let us know if you still encounter any issues.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin,

FYI: I can reconfirm the crash on another Win 11 machine with 3.22.2 and on a further Win 11 machine with 3.21.3 it opens without issues.

Well it then looks like its a SW issue with 3.22.2 but solved in the Beta 3.22.16, which we have tested and works (no crash so far).

So, we'll be waiting for beta to turn official.

Key learning is as always: Never touch a running system or only use maturely tested SW releases ;-)

Thanks anyway

br, DaniS

Hi

6 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @DaniS

The workspace opens with the latest software version:

image.pngHi, Hi

Hi.

Latest on working? Do you mean the Beta 3.22.16? I actually don't want to be on Beta. When is the next official release planned where this is fixed? THX

For what it's worth, I personally consider beta versions of WaveForms to be functionally equivalent to release versions. Main reason that they are called "beta versions" is because having frequent new releases would end up being confusing with regards to messaging (and a drain on psyche with needing constant updates, but maybe that's just me) and also because the other engineers tasked with testing the new releases (usually coinciding with new products) and updating external documentation can't keep up with Attila. He's too powerful.