Cursors in XY?

David Aurora

Question

As far as I can tell (and another forum question I found seems to back this up) there is no way to use cursors in XY mode. Is it likely this could be added in future or is it too hard/too niche?

The bulk of my use of Waveforms is curve tracer measurements (connected to external hardware, not with the Digilent adaptor) that feed into an AD2. It'd be amazing to be able to measure between two points directly in XY rather than having to read that display and then find the same points in the scope view to make measurements

Thanks! You guys are amazing, I love the work you do!

9 answers to this question

6 hours ago, attila said:

Damn you're fast! Thanks for that!

Just did a quick test and vertical cursors worked as expected, but for some reason I'm getting strange results on the horizontal (screenshot attached). Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

As you can see, the Y axis cursors correctly show roughly 30mA with a 10mA delta, but the X axis is showing 809V with a -230V delta when it's actually set to 200V/200V delta.

At first I thought it was to do with the offset, but the Y axis is offset too and works fine. Plus the X axis number doesn't seem to make any sense with regard to the offset anyway (e.g. if I drag it to 500V it displays 458V, if I drag it to 50V it displays 980V, etc). Mouse pointer still displays correct values when I move it around so it seems to only be the cursor function mis-reading. Cursor can't be dragged lower than around 0.4 of a division either, the number keeps climbing if I try but the cursor stops there whereas on the Y axis I can drag all the way up/down the display

This quirk aside though I'm stoked to be able to use cursors in XY now, thanks again

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 9.31.41 am.png