Digilent Discovery waveform tool support required

Dinu

Question

Dear Digilent Technical Support Team,

I am writing to seek assistance with troubleshooting some issues I have encountered while using the WaveForms software with my Digital Discovery tool. I have encountered two specific problems while using the WaveForms software, and I would greatly appreciate your guidance in resolving them:

1.  Protocol Analyzer Auto Baud Rate Setting:
    • In the Protocol Analyzer section of the WaveForms software, I am unable to find the option for automatic baud rate detection in the Rate window. This feature is crucial for my testing requirements, and I would like to know how I can enable or access the auto baud rate setting option.
    • while using Spy mode I am receiving data in RX window only and not getting expected data in TX window.
  2.   Logic Analyzer Data Logging Configuration: While using the Logic Analyzer feature to monitor UART data lines, I encountered an issue when logging the data
    • at each triggered acquisition, the CSV file is getting created, . Instead of generating a single CSV file containing at each triggered event, I would like to know if there is a script or configuration option available to log all triggered data acquisitions in a single CSV Excel file.

details :

I am using the Digital discovery: Portable USB logic analyzer and digital pattern generator.  SKU:240-127

SPY Mode.PNG

DATA logging interface.PNG

1 answer to this question

Hi @Dinu

1. The Protocol/UART does not have auto rate option. The continuous Spy mode on multiple UART lines is not suitable for high rates specially with Digital Discovery since this does not support data compression.
2. FileAppend("~/Desktop/uart.csv", Logic.Channels.UART.events.join(""));

image.png