JtsSetConfigFile failed SERC: 1008

Martin_

Question

I get the following error message when starting Waveforms, and it will not recognize the Digilent. I get the same problem with the same device on both Windows PC and Macbook.

JtsSetConfigFile failed SERC: 1008

Device programming failed.

FDwfDeviceOpenEx

This error has appeared suddenly with no obvious possible cause. I've only had the device for a couple months.

4 answers to this question

I'm using Analog Discovery 3 and Waveforms v3.21.3 on Mac OSX. Not sure what version of the software I used on Windows but the same error message appeared on both OS's. Thanks,

Martin

Hi @Martin_

Are you sure you are using an Analog Discovery 3 ?
The error indicates the device FPGA ID is different from what is expected.
I get the same error if I wrongly reprogram the AD2 to report being an AD3. The same should happen if an AD3 is programmed to be AD2.

Got to WaveForms/ Settings/ Device Manager, under More menu select "Prog AD1,2,3...", press 'Find Devices', make sure you have one or the good Device selected, make sure you select correct Product (Analog Discovery 1, 2 or 3) and press 'Program Device'.

image.pngimage.png

Thank you. My device is indeed an Analog Discovery 3. A. It seems it had been reprogrammed as an Analog Discovery 1. It is still mysterious to me how it came to be reprogrammed incorrectly but after following these steps it seems to be working properly.