NEW ADP 3450 Still having issues "DstmTransfer failed ERC: 3077"

bfpa40

Question

Im running Ubuntu Linux and connecting to the ADP 3450 via the USB Cable that shipped with the unit. I can initially start the software and get the Waveforms up and running when I enable the Scope Channel to configure and begin to move my mouse around i get a "DstmTransfer failed ERC: 3076" error. Which then causes my ADP to disconnect. Also when starting the software via CLI via "sudo waveforms" in the terminal i get "QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root' "  I need assistance in getting it working.   -Brian-

7 answers to this question

I wanted to let you know that I have seen your question, but I am waiting for the WaveForms developer (Attila, who was working with you on an earlier thread) to return to the office to offer more support as this particular set of errors that you have seen is outside my realm of knowledge.

The only thing I can readily think of that I don't believe has been directly brought up or clarified would be to use a USB port directly present on a computer as opposed to a USB hub that is also simultaneously supporting a number of additional devices.

Thanks,
JColvin

I had kind of the same issue with ADP3450. My was connected to PC via usb and crashed each time I ran scope or waveform generator after 3-5s. I changed power supply on PC and it helped. (seems like usb 5V on PC and ADP were very different and it crashed)

Is your notebook connected to power supply, or you run from battery?

Hi @Vladimir F

On ADP3X50 the USB Vbus is only used for host detect, so this has no (<mA) power requirements.
Dropping or fluctuating Vbus voltage could cause the ADP to sense USB host disconnect, resulting communication error in the software.
The source of such problem could be bad USB cable or contact issue.
Eventually high currents passing through the USB cable GND caused by 'bad' supplies, like having different earth connections for the two supplies. Such problem could damage devices. For together used devices is recommended to connect supplies to adjacent sockets or the same extension cord.

The earlier post in the same topic:

About an hour ago i hooked up my ADP3450 back up to my laptop and started to attempt to install termite on Ubuntu... Not a successful nor pleasant task.  Convoluted explanations online all 7+ years old...  ANYHOW.. I said to myself well there must be "other" serial to USB terminal programs as I recall using some in the past. I opted for picocom as i install completely with one command in ubuntu. Next when i turned on my ADP3450 and attempted to use picocom to watch the serial stream i was getting  a permission error "Cannot open /dev/ttyUSB0: Permission denied" which made me think of another old issue i had a couple years back with a different serial device. I need to add my user to the dialout group. Well once i did that and fired up everything i rcvd no errors on waveforms and was able to setup both the scope and the wavegen without issue. I've done this 4 or 5 times now without a single error. Im keeping my fingers crossed that this fixed the "Communication error" i was seeing in waveforms, im no expert but it does make sense. If I experience any further issues I will do another follow-up on this post OR create a new one. Now im on to trying to use my wifi dongle on the ADP3450 so i can remote into it hopefully instead of using a USB cable.

-Brian-

OK I have been using my Laptop with Ubuntu 23.10 (I upgraded) since Friday evening 12 Jan 2024 and havent had any further issues. I am going to consider the fix as Adding my username to the dialout group. Since doing that it has been working flawlessly all weekend.  -Brian-