Firmware Update failing on my ADP3450

bfpa40

Question

I just recieved my ADP 3450 and when trying to update the firmware as it prompts me for it fails. I have included to screen shots of the errors I am recieving. I am using Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS for the OS on my Laptop. I have the WaveForms Software version digilent.waveforms_3.21.3_amd64.deb and the Addept Runtime Software version digilent.adept.runtime_2.27.9-amd64.deb

Any assistance i can get regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Also I am attached to the Internet Wirelessly.  -Brian-

Screenshot from 2023-12-28 14-47-31.png

Screenshot from 2023-12-28 14-47-48.png

19 answers to this question

Alright, I went to a neighbor and used there computer to update the Firmware (via Windows) now when I connect it and turn it on i can hear a relay click inside the ADP3450 but when i start the software and click on Scope i get the following error see attached photo once the error is recieved i have a flashing power on light on the front of the ADP 3450.

Screenshot from 2023-12-29 10-43-50.png

I originally hid it because i thought this issue was fixed however here I am a few hrs later and whenever i power it up and try to select my device i get the attached error and the power light on the unit starts blinking and i heard a relay inside the unit click when this occured,

Screenshot from 2023-12-29 17-04-58.png

Screenshot from 2023-12-29 17-04-42.png

Im back to troubleshooting this morning over coffee. Just so everyone can catch up, i recieved my ADP 3450 on 28 Dec, 2023 (This past Thursday) after ordering it from Amazon. I was excited until when i plugged it in and connected it to my Linux Ubuntu Laptop and installed the Adept Runtime software and with the Waveforms Software and it prompted me to update my firmware. I couldnt get this to work on my Linux Laptop and since i dont own Window Computers I asked a friend if i sould borrow his Windows Computer and did just that and got the firmware updated. Hmm I thought OK now i should be good. NOPE.... Now whenever i initially get the waveforms software up and running i select scope and move to set up the channel parameters i get a comm error on the screen see attached, and in the terminal window it echo's another error which i get when issuing the sudo waveforms command to start the software see attached.  

Screenshot from 2023-12-31 08-21-13.png

Screenshot from 2023-12-31 08-25-01.png

After uninstalling and reinstalling the software there are time it comes up and runs without issue. There are times that it faults causing me to have to go through the same gyrations all over again. I currently get the following error in my terminal window when issuing the sudo waveforms command: "QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root' "  so to google i go there is a writeup on a website that explains a little regarding this error but offers NO solutions. That weblink is: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/382789/qstandardpaths-xdg-runtime-dir-not-set-defaulting-to-tmp-runtime-root-when

I think I am inching closer to a resolution and am stubborn and will not give up.  -Brian-

I am pinging @attila to see if he has any additional insights.

I know there is a thread about not being able to use sudo successfully with the ADP3450, but that was over a year ago, so I would have expected any recent versions to have implemented any potential changes that might have happened in the software:

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @bfpa40

See the Help tab:
The USB COM (serial port) provides interface boot process and to Linux terminal at 115.2 kbps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity. On Linux the serial port is like: /dev/ttyUSB# and on Windows see the COM port number in Windows Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT).