Recording Math Functions

Dan N

Question

I created a Math function (i.e. Band stop filter on a signal in WaveForms that I'm measuring) to filter out 60 hz heating system humming being picked up by a microphone that I'm observing.

I'd like to record that signal while playing content into the microphone, but under the "Record to File" option, I'm only able to select the Waveform Channels, or Filtered versions of those signals. I used the Math function because the Channel specific filter options did not filter down to the 60 hz area.

Is there a way to record the processed signal via the Math function to file?

or even better, a way to use the built in Filter functions to filter down that low? Those show up as options to record!

thank you

4 answers to this question

Hi @Dan N

Use Record Mode and Export.
The in device filters are real-time, provides in-device routing from Scope to AWG signal or modulation, but are limited in taps/order compared to (software) Math channels.
For ADP3X50 and EclypseZ7 normal capture mode can be used since these provide 128&256Mi sample device buffer.

image.png

I do not believe this is possible to do "live" so-to-speak with the on-board hardware to get a notch filter for 50/60 Hz. You can do this with external passive components of course or a Math Channel, though the Math Channel is done in software. Outside of exporting a completed acquisition, I do not think it is readily possible to record Math channel data directly to a file.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin