Nesys 4 DDR Repair

Fra

Question

Hi,

a few days ago I made a mistake and I plugged my Nexsys 4 DDR to a 12 volt power supply, obviously and unfortunately I fried my board, I am wondering if Digilent offers a repair service or eventually can recommend somebody, I sent the board to a repair service but they did not understand exactly what is going on I guess, becasue they want to replace the usb connector but its not the fault I believe has happened so I am a bit lost.

cheers

2 answers to this question

Hi @Fra,

Digilent does not offer any repair services for our products unfortunately.

If you want I can try to help you identify what components might have been damaged on the Nexys 4 DDR, but the catch of course that more than one thing could be damaged.

Hopefully it is just the fuse (0603SFV350F/32-2) that is at the beginning of the voltage entry point that has burned out. Otherwise, I would also also be looking at the J11, J14, and J15 test points (top of the board near the Xilinx silkscreen label) with a multimeter when you are attempting to power the board with a 5 V supply to see what voltages, if any, are being registered on the different derived supplies.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

On 12/20/2023 at 12:37 AM, JColvin said:

Hi @Fra,

Digilent does not offer any repair services for our products unfortunately.

If you want I can try to help you identify what components might have been damaged on the Nexys 4 DDR, but the catch of course that more than one thing could be damaged.

Hopefully it is just the fuse (0603SFV350F/32-2) that is at the beginning of the voltage entry point that has burned out. Otherwise, I would also also be looking at the J11, J14, and J15 test points (top of the board near the Xilinx silkscreen label) with a multimeter when you are attempting to power the board with a 5 V supply to see what voltages, if any, are being registered on the different derived supplies.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin,

thank you for your answer, I think I will look for a repair shop and I will forward them your instructions so they will be able to identify the problem, I will let you know.

cheers

Francesco