Program zynq XC7Z030 USB device driver.

venkateshj

Question

Hi All,

I need to work on zynq XC7Z030, and i have to establish a usb client server connection with a desktop.

I am new to this, and i need to get some hands-on with this board. 

Can anyone please share some sample codes to start with, like uart communication, gpio's accessing etc.

1 answer to this question

Hi @venkateshj,

Digilent doesn't have a device with a Zynq 7030 on it, so I don't know how your particular board is set up in terms of its connections, but generically speaking you can follow something like Digilent's guide here, https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/guides/getting-started-with-ipi, which sets up some simple GPIO access from the PL side and also prints via one of the UART ports, which in the case of Digilent's boards, is accessible over a generic serial monitor on the host computer.

Otherwise, if you are using some sort of external UART through generically available IO pins (you'll still need some sort of USB controller to receive the signals and interface with the computer for you), these two posts (link1, link2) may be of interest to you.

Thanks,
JColvin

Edit Dec 15th 2023: For clarity, the initial guide linked really only works if you have a Zynq board with the PS USBUART routed to a USB controller (along with heavily benefiting from having a Zynq IP preset to work with). I do not know what resources your particular Zynq 7030 comes with or how it is laid out. The external UART bits could still work through MIO or EMIO depending on the layout and Zynq block configuration.