Dasylab MAPI error and recommend client or method for SMTP

Todd Westcoat

Question

Ever since we upgraded to O365 and use an SMTP account via Mozilla Thunderbird we have had send issues.  If we change account in Thunderbird, DasyLab gets MAPI unknown error.  Desperately need to correct this as my experiment sends messages when freezers or rooms are out of temp range.  email send module. 

Have downloaded evaluation copy of DasyLab 2022 and get same MAPI error.  All was a fresh install.  It takes a bunch of effort to get the experiment SMTP sending to work now. 

If someone can recommend a software or method to use my Office 365 noreply account.  If we need to software are add a local SMTP server to the machine we will do whatever.    

Doc5.docx

6 answers to this question

I have no experience with Thunderbird, but I have used a throwaway Gmail account to send emails. The first step is to install OpenSSL v1.1.1 (32-bit version). Its installation program is small, so I have attached it below. After running the install, in the following guide starting on Step 5, follow the instructions to set the Set Environment Variable: https://thesecmaster.com/procedure-to-install-openssl-on-the-windows-platform/#How_To_Install_OpenSSL_On_The_Windows_Platform After, verify OpenSSL is installed by entering openssl version in a command prompt. It should indicate version 1.1.1w.

image.png

Next, create a Gmail account with two-step verification for DASYLab. You will need the Gmail app on your phone for this. When finished, follow the instructions on the following webpage to create an Application Specific Password:   https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

To configure DASYLab's Email module, at the top select SMPT and check the STARTTLS box. Even though it is not selected, enter smpt.gmail.com in the Login to e-mail server field. Next, enable Login via authentication. Enter your junk email address, and most importantly, use the App Specific Password.  Leave the Authentication method as Unencrypted. 

At the bottom, enter 587 for the port and again enter the email address in the E-mail sender field. Close the Email Method dialog and configure the main dialog to send an email. Use the Switch and Action module to test it. If all is well, you can now send emails. 

image.png

Win32OpenSSL_Light-1_1_1w.msi

Ok will try this method.  Thanks so much.  I got it to work with t-Mobile text.  But cannot get it to work with Verizon texts.  I can try gmail account instead of the Office 365.  I am trying to abandon Thunderbird as it does not work consistently.  So I did set up the OpenSSL and can get emails sending fine.  However, I get errors with vtext.  I put another discussion on for this one.  Again thanks for help.  This is most important thing it does so I have to figure out how to send email and text a users phone.