PmodOLEDrgb with Basys 3

muse

Question

Hello

I have a project which involves getting an image displayed on PmodOLEDrgb.  I use Basys 3 Board under Vivado 2016.2. I've used the tutorial from http://www.instructables.com/id/Getting-the-PmodGPS-to-Work-on-Zybo/?ALLSTEPS  At step 5, it is said to add ZYNQ7 Processing System to my design. Since I am using a board different from Zybo, what should I add to the system?  One more thing, I followed all the steps , but at step 8 when I click File>Launch SDK  I get Application Exception: Not found in path: xsdk error. What can be causing this?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Hello muse,

Please follow this tutorial for microblaze. It also has guidance for Zynq but you have to ignore them because your board is equipped with an Artix7 not a Zynq. Also, you can take a look at the Vivado design with the Nexys 3 board, here. I would suggest you to use a previous version of Vivado, like 2015.4 . 2016.1 and 2016.2 are not stable enough. I saw problems with pure VHDL code compiled in 2015.4 and 2016.2 that won't work in the latest version because is buggy. 

Regards,

Bianca

Archived