PmodUSBUART does not work in Kintex7_1G_CML NetFPGA

tuan_gcs

Question

Dear all

I build a system EDK using option  "Create a System for a Customer board" on   Kintex7_1G_CML, as setup UART connection in system.ucf

I found two documents that describes

Follows the Digilent Pmod Interface Specification Type 4 : TXD connect to Pin 2, and RXD connects to pin 3  

Follows to https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/pmod/pmodusbuart/reference-manual:  Pin 2 to RXD and Pin 3 to TXD 

However even i swap two pins together, but UART still does work, no line "Hello" displays on Terminator PC

Any help, advise

Thank so much

Tuan Trong

7 answers to this question

Hi Tuan,

I have asked some of our applications engineers about this; they will get back to you here on the Forum.

As a clarification though (I'll update the reference manual to make this more clear) the RXD and TXD are from the perspective of the embedded FTDI chip on the PmodUSBUART. So, Pin 2 (RXD) is data flowing from the host to the Pmod, and Pin 3 (TXD) is data flowing from the Pmod to the host.

Thanks,
JColvin

6 hours ago, jpeyron said:

Hi Tuan Trong,

Were you able to complete the manufacturing test from the reference manual here under Appendix A which uses the PmodUSBUART?

cheers,

Jon 

Dear Jon,

I did not found any reference manufacturing testing on Digilentic website

Thanks 

Tuan,

6 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hi Tuan,

I have asked some of our applications engineers about this; they will get back to you here on the Forum.

As a clarification though (I'll update the reference manual to make this more clear) the RXD and TXD are from the perspective of the embedded FTDI chip on the PmodUSBUART. So, Pin 2 (RXD) is data flowing from the host to the Pmod, and Pin 3 (TXD) is data flowing from the Pmod to the host.

Thanks,
JColvin

Dear Mr. Jcovin

UART does not work even I had swap two pins in system.ucf

NET axi_uartlite_0_RX_pin         LOC = H18 | IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS33;
NET axi_uartlite_0_TX_pin         LOC = E15 | IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS33;

or 

NET axi_uartlite_0_RX_pin         LOC = E15 | IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS33;
NET axi_uartlite_0_TX_pin         LOC = H18 | IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS33;

Would you like ask your applications engineers support the bsp file (board support package) that embedded on EDK  

Please give me your advise

Best regards

Tuan Trong

Hi Tuan Trong,

I'd suggest to use the registration link on the Getting started page at:  https://github.com/NetFPGA/NetFPGA-public/wiki/NetFPGA-1G-CML-Getting-Started-Guide.

Your access might take up to 5 days to be granted but then you will get more experienced support for the Kintex7_1G_CML from NetFPGA forum. 

cheers,

Jon

Archived