Digilent USB - no connection

ADA

Question

Hi, I'm a newbie to this, I'm just an installer of computer-software and know little about the involved programs or board. Have installed:

- MATLAB R214a

- Xilinx Design Tools, ISE Design Suite 14.7, Digilent Software v. 1.0.204, Coolrunner Tool CPLD Starter Kit (resource CD)

When following manual "Digilent Plug-in for Xilinx 14.x Tools User Manual" (regarding libCseDigilent.dll and libCseDigilent.xml) the Xilinx ISE Impact setup program cannot fins the board (attached board to computer via USB-cable). The port simply doesn't show up under "Port:" when choosing "Digilent USB JTAG Cable" (menu: Output, Cable Setup).

What to try next?

10 answers to this question

Hi Jon,

I'm using a standard USB cable (A to mini-B) cable but I have also tried the cable that came along with the board (see attached image) - is this a standard cable?

Log2.txt is for the standard cable. Log3.txt is for the Digilent cable, but the result is the same for both connections; it seems it can't find the driver.

I have copied the drivers to the following foldersaccording to the "Diligent Plug-in for Xilinx 14.x Tools User Manual":

C:\Users\Administrator\.cse\nt64\14.1\plugins\Digilent\libCseDigilent

C:\ProgramData\.cse\nt64\14.1\plugins\Digilent\libCseDigilent

I even tried to copy the .cse folder to "cse" (without the dot) but no change.

1. Where does the program search for the drivers?

2. which version should I use (if the one that I use is wrong) and where to find the right version? (link)

regards

ADA

cable.JPG

log2.txt

log3.txt

Archived