My new Cora Z7 seems not working. What I must do?

jfm

Question

I just received my new CORA 7z board but when I connect it with a cable to my laptop usb ...No LED blinks ! 

I suppose the board is out of order ?

What I must do ? 

Thanks for your help

Edited by jfm
precise

2 answers to this question

Hi @jfm,

When you connect to the micro USB port to your laptop, is the jumper that is next to the barrel jack set to the USB setting side (as opposed to the external power side)? The power good LED next to that same jumper should light up. If the jumper settings are correct and the LED doesn't light up, I would first recommend trying a different USB cable (especially if when you connect to your computer you are not able to find evidence of the connection in the Device Manager).

It is also worth noting that the Cora Z7 does not have any flash memory, so there is not an out-of-box demo that will load on power-up as there is not static memory to load from (presuming I remember correctly that the Cora Z7 does not ship with an SD card).

If the power LED is lighting up, you can test the Cora Z7's functionality though the Example Projects available on its Resource Center: https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/cora-z7/start#example_projects.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin