DASYLab Writing Intermediate Data Files

Ajmal

Question

Hello Fausto,

I followed the description described in DASYLab-Tech3.pdf and was successful in automatically creating file name based on date and time.

The note also described a method to close and reopen the file under new name at midnight.  I used the guidance provided there and added Timebase module with Time base set to per minute. What Dasylab did was that it creates a blank file every minute and only second file has the entire data.  What I want to do is to have data acquired in last one minute written to the file at the end of minute.  How can that be done?

Vibration-Oct2023-V1.DSB

2 answers to this question

I modified your worksheet to create a new file every minute. The analog input was set to N Samples, which caused the device to stop sending data after N samples. This is why you got blank files. I set it back to Continuous. I also set the device time base to record at 100 Hz with a block size of 10, and I set the Write Data module to flush the buffer after every data block. This works very well except for the first file. DASYLab outputs the Time Base pulse at the top of the minute. For this reason, the first file tends to need more data.

Vibration-Oct2023-V1.DSB