Source Meter for IV Curves

Josh Williams

Question

I use various Analog Discovery devices and love them but none of them measure current so I have to resort to other test equipment for a ton of measurements.

I see that the new ADP5250 has both programmable power supplies as well as a full DMM. Is it possible to run the power supplies through the DMM to get IV curves? All the docs show a static DMM measurement with no IV curve function but could this be achieved through scripting? I'd need a way to display and capture an IV curve within Waveforms for documentation to make it useful.

6 answers to this question

Hi @Josh Williams

Power Adapter for Analog Discovery (1,2,3) is in works, it should be available in a few months

The ADP5250 DMM is intended for precision rather than speed. This is a rebranded VirtualBench with 1/2channel 1G/500MHz oscilloscope, AWG, power supplies, DMM, without special hardware features, no: record, play, pattern generator, protocols... and supported only under Windows.

Hi:

I do own the item in the first link listed above - curve tracing PCB - and have used it.

https://digilent.com/shop/transistor-tester-for-analog-discovery-enables-characteristic-curve-tracing-for-diodes-and-transistors/

There are some comments I have with it, but I need to use it again to remember them.  Probably another question for the group of experts.

The bench instrument we typically use is a Keithley 2400.