Impedance scripting

Steely

Question

Hi Digilent, 

I've been a long time user of the analog discovery 2. And absolutely loving it. 
Recently I've dipped my toes into the scripting functionality. Mainly with the impedance analyzer. 

The documentation is not super extensive, but I've been able to make due so far. 
However, is there a way of forcing/setting a specific impedance window into Meter mode instead of the analyzer? 
I want to write a small script that automatically detects the right reference resistor (I'm using the impedance analyzer adapter) for an unknown impedance. 
Additionally, the meter and analyzer give a small notification when the reference resistor is too high or low. Is there a way to automatically detect that? 
I've found the recommended ref resistor for certain capacitances. And am writing a function on that. However, it would be easier if the functionality is already in the scripting tool. 

Many thanks for any help! 

2 answers to this question

Hi @Steely,

I'm not certain what you mean by 'impedance window' but the AnalogImpedance_Meter.py and AnalogImpedance_Measure.py examples within WaveForms SDK will probably be the most helpful for you.

In case by scripting you meant the in-app Script instrument, then these other Forum threads that the WaveForms developer responded to (they are out of office this week) that explained more about the Impedance Analyzer with regards to some automation and the resistor warnings.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin