My Arty S7 FPGA development board

oldViking

Question

Last week I connected my Arty S7 development board to the USB port on my laptop.   It appears to be completely dead because none of the normal LED activity appeared.  I have tried 2 other USB ports on the laptop with the same result.

Where should I go from here ?

Thanks

oldViking

3 answers to this question

Hi @oldViking,

When you connect the device to your host computer, is it detected by the OS? In Windows you should see the device appear under Universal Serial Bus Controllers in the Device Manager with a Bus reported device description of something along the lines of Digilent USB device (more details here: https://forum.digilent.com/topic/21713-brand-new-basys-3-user-cant-get-vivado-to-see-it/#comment-62685

If you are on a Linux OS, the dmesg output should be something like this (presuming you have installed the cable drivers already): https://forum.digilent.com/topic/25341-cant-detect-hs2-programmer-on-ubuntu/.

If the OS does not detect the device whatsoever, I would also be double check that the USB cable isn't faulty in this case.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi, I went into the device manager, USB controllers on my win11 machine.   After having plugged the Arty S7 into my USB  port, there does not appear to be any presence of a Digilent device.

I have tried this on two different USB ports, using two different USB cables.

Thank you

oldViking

Hi @oldViking,

Got it.

If you purchased the Arty S7 from a distributor (RS Components, Amazon, etc), please contact that distributor to go through their return process; they will then establish their own RMA with Digilent as needed. Feel free to reference this thread as evidence of troubleshooting if that is needed.

If you purchased the board directly from Digilent, please send me a private message with:

- order number
- purchase date
- preferred email contact

so I can start the RMA process with our Sales team.

Thanks,
JColvin