Using MCC USB-1608G on a networked USB device server - possible?

scottadon

Question

Hi All

I have purchased a couple USB-1608G devices.  Unfortunately, I cannot host them with a local PC as planned and instead need a network based acquisition system like the E-1608 model.  Since the E-1608 are out of stock ...Is it possibile to use the USB-1608G on a USB device server like this: https://www.amazon.com/DS-700-USB3-0-Device-Adapter-Server/dp/B09B4GWKW8/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=usb+device+server&qid=1687376548&sprefix=usb+device+%2Caps%2C85&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

where my host PC would be several miles away over a fiber network?  Not sure if the distance matters but I see a lot of these USB-over-IP devices operate as USB 'extenders' and not true remote servers

Any insight is appreciated, thansk

-Scott

4 answers to this question

Hi John, 

I have tried to file for a return of the equipment but the website says 'Return Items from Order #150246.  This order contains no products that can be returned. Have you already returned all of the items within this order?' .  I cannot seem to find a phone number anywhere.  Are you able to initiate the return?   

Additionally, or perhaps as an alternative, could you tell me what USB protocols are used by the device so I may try and find a USB Gateway/Server to interface this device to a network?

Thanks

Hello,

The USB protocol and device commands are proprietary.

I doubt you could find a gateway/server that could mimic an MCC device. For it to work, when plugged into the USB port, it would need to identify itself as a USB-1608G. That is highly unlikely. 

If you've already purchased the USB-1608G, we have a 30-day money-back policy.  If you provide me with the 7-digit hexadecimal serial number, I check to see if it can still be returned.

Best regards,

John