the terminal count output of USB-QUAD08

gongll

Question

Hello,

I saw this question asked on the forum.

I have a little doubt.

1: I would like to confirm whether this device has the following functions.

I need the USB-QUAD08 to output TTL external trigger signal, and I can set an interval of 500 pulses to change the high and low level once, so it will generate a TTL signal to trigger a data collection of a data acquisition device (such as Agilent 3458A, which can accept external trigger signal to trigger its data collection).

2: can I use Labview to write this function??

5 answers to this question

Hello,

The USB-QUAD08 does not have an output trigger.

We do have LabVIEW support, it is called ULx for NI LabVIEW, and it currently supports LabVIEW 2015-2022. However, higher-level programs such as LabVIEW and DASYLab offer fewer device control options. Programming in C, C#, or Python offers the most flexibility.  

Best regards,
John

2 hours ago, JRys said:

Hello,

The USB-QUAD08 does not have an output trigger.

We do have LabVIEW support, it is called ULx for NI LabVIEW, and it currently supports LabVIEW 2015-2022. However, higher-level programs such as LabVIEW and DASYLab offer fewer device control options. Programming in C, C#, or Python offers the most flexibility.  

Best regards,
John

dear john.

In page 25 of User's Guide, what's the meaning of 'terminal count output'? Does it mean the output trigger?

Best regards

Gongll

Hello,

The Range Limit count tells the counter to count to a number (terminal count) and stop. The Max Limit Register defines the terminal count value. One of the digital outputs can be designated as the terminal count signal. It can be set to count to, for example, 1000 and stop, at which time the digital output is set high. If you use ModuloN counting, the counter will count to 1000 repeatedly, putting the digital bit high each time 1000 is reached. It will be low when the count is below 1000.  Our LabVIEW support allows for Range Limit counting but not ModuloN counting, and there is no provision for designating a terminal count bit. 

Best regards,
John

11 hours ago, JRys said:

Hello,

The Range Limit count tells the counter to count to a number (terminal count) and stop. The Max Limit Register defines the terminal count value. One of the digital outputs can be designated as the terminal count signal. It can be set to count to, for example, 1000 and stop, at which time the digital output is set high. If you use ModuloN counting, the counter will count to 1000 repeatedly, putting the digital bit high each time 1000 is reached. It will be low when the count is below 1000.  Our LabVIEW support allows for Range Limit counting but not ModuloN counting, and there is no provision for designating a terminal count bit. 

Best regards,
John

Hi, Thanks for your reply. But what is the ModuloN counting?

best regards!

Gongll