some issues of USB-QUAD08

gongll

Question

I am using the USB-QUAD08. I have some issues.

1: when I conect the USB cable, the LED below flickered and then turn off. althought I disconnect the USB cable from the computer and then reconnect it according to the page 9 of user's guide. but it not work. And there is no automatic driver(MCC USB and USB-QUAD08) installation process.

The attachment 1 and 2 are  the LED state and the device manager of computer. My computer is win10.

When I connect the USB cable to the windows7 computer and it showed it couldn't find the driver. Please find the attachment 3

2:Does the USB-QUAD08 need to be connected to a 50V external power supply via ENC+IN and GND? what dos this sentence(current rated 1.5A @ 5VDC) on page 15 mean?

3: what is the maximum count?

4:Is there a detailed manual and programming function library description? There is only a 36-page user guide downloaded from the web, which is not very detailed.

device manager.PNG

LED STATE.jpg

Driver not found.jpg

4 answers to this question

Hello,

1. Ensure that your Windows 10 computer uses InstaCal 6.60 or newer. The current version is 6.73. The installation also installs the drivers and dlls. After doing this, restart the computer and check the LED.

If your Windows 7 system is like most, it has not been updated since Microsoft dropped support. This means it uses old driver signatures. The solution is to use InstaCal 6.55, as it was the last release to use the older version of driver signatures. The following link will take you to our daq software cd release archive. https://mcc.download.ni.com/#Archive/MCCDAQ_CD/

2. The ENC connection is a pass-through to the other terminal blocks. It provides an easier way to connect power to multiple encoders and has nothing to do with powering the USB-QUAD08. The rating is 5 volts at 1.5 amps. If you use a higher voltage, the current rating drops, for instance, 10 volts at 0.750 amps. 

3. The USB-QUAD08 can be programmed to use 16-bit, 32-bit, or 48-bit wide counters. If you choose 32-bit, it will count up to 4294967295.

4. For programming information, use the UL Help https://www.mccdaq.com/pdfs/manuals/Mcculw_WebHelp/ULStart.htm. Use the Search function to find the USB-QUAD08 page. 

Best regards,
John

image.png

8 hours ago, JRys said:

Hello,

Thanks for your fasrt reply.

I am sure that I choosed the right vision. please find the attachment which show the problem.The USB-QUAD08 is finded by instalcal but the state LED still flashes and goes off .

the USB-QUAD08 is finded by instalcal but the state LED still flashes and goes off .PNG

LED STATE.jpg

8 hours ago, JRys said:

Hello,

I didn't understand the answer:" The rating is 5 volts at 1.5 amps. If you use a higher voltage, the current rating drops, for instance, 10 volts at 0.750 amps. "

I can understand the following function: After pin 'ENC+IN' is connected to the external power supply, pin 'ENC+' can output 5V voltage to the encoder. So my question is: If I need to supply 5V to the encoder through the pin 'ENC+' . How much voltage should I plug into pin 'ENC+IN' ? What is the maximum current requirement?

Hello,

The USB-QUAD08 appears to be working. When plugged in, the bottom LED turns on and the top LED flashes. After it has initialized, The bottom LED turns off, and the top LED remains on. 

Refer to your encoder data sheet to determine how much voltage to use.

Best regards,

John