MCC 118 Data Logger

dkraja

Question

6 answers to this question

Hello,

External Trigger (rising edge default) is enabled by including OPTS_EXTTRIGGER with the options. For example, options = OPTS_EXTTRIGGER | OPTS_CONTINUOUS. By doing this, the acquisition should wait for a rising edge TTL signal to appear on the trigger input. In other words, the trigger must rise up from below 0.66 volts to above 2.64 volts.

Best regards,
John

i am trying to add an external trigger in the data logger c code. i put options = OPTS_EXTTRIGGER | OPTS_CONTINUOUS function , but not working.

I want to execute the trigger function Rising Edge after the start button is pressed wait for the trigger, then start the logging and automatically logging stops when the next trigger  Falling edge occurs,

modified_logger.c

Edited by dkraja

Hello,

i am again trying the options = OPTS_EXTTRIGGER | OPTS_CONTINUOUS. now it is working fine. Now we need to add one more trigger to stop the logging. also, too much fluctuation in analog read voltages, so can we add sample averaging or some filter to get the proper value? 

uint8_t trigger_mode = TRIG_RISING_EDGE; working  but uint8_t trigger_mode = TRIG_FALLING_EDGE; not working.

Hello,

The logger program was created to demonstrate what is possible with the support. It's too complex to be a programming example. I do know if changing to a finite scan will work without massive changes. The onus is on you to dissect it and make it work. I would like to throw out a suggestion. Get to know the finite_scan and continuous_scan examples really well, then attack the logger program and mold it to your requirements.

Best of luck,

John