Data translation DT9837 Tachometer set up in Dasylab

Generic Goat

Question

Hello,

are there any useful examples that can explain how to set up a tachometer worksheet in Dasy lab? I have a Data Translation DT9837 for which I have configured an analogue input. I would like to display a tachometer signal on a graph in units of RPM. I believe the issue is i cannot add channel 4 to the DT open layers control panel. I only have the option to activate 0-3 channels. 

image.thumb.png.9be6127cd13c6e394695c26b68203805.png

Thank you

Edited by Generic Goat

3 answers to this question

Hello,

Enable channels 0 through 4 on an Analog Input module. Channel 4 is the tach and it outputs a count of the 12MHz clock that occurs between the edges of your tach signal so, expect large numbers. You can get RPM by dividing 12,000,000/ count and multiplying by 60.

Best regards,
John

I am getting 0 output from channel 4. My worksheet takes the output of channel 4, takes the reciprocal, and multiplies by 12,000,000*60, and graphs the signal. There is a 'counter Input' tab that is greyed out. Are there additional settings in Dasy Lab configurator that i need to change? 

image.thumb.png.ffd6c84dfebe8717683a6d9b33516a97.png

Edited by Generic Goat

Connect a digital meter module to channel 4 output. Set the digital meter to 15 decimal places and you should get a large number. If the number is zero or nothing, check your signal. I tested my dt9837 with a 0-5 volt square wave. The user manual indicates it can handle up to +/- 30 volts but, the trigger level is 2 volts with 0.5 hysteresis. 

Best regards,
John