Petalinux 2020.2 - how to include other components/yocto/layers

Hartley

Question

I wanted 'nano' on my rootfs (because I hate vi). I found the yocto recipe was available in components/layers/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-support/nano.

But I have not been able to figure out how to get that layers recipes to show up in 'petalinux-config -c rootfs'.

I finally found I can get 'nano' installed by adding this to my project-spec/meta-user/conf/user-rootfsconfig:

CONFIG_nano

That works but is kind of annoying since it is under the 'user packages  --->' instead of 'Filesystem Packages  --->' in the 'petalinux-config -c rootfs'.

I know need the 'libmodbus' library (components/yocto/layers/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-extended/libmodbus).

It there a way to get all the components/yocto/layers/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipies* to show up in the configuration?

1 answer to this question

There are recipes that have unmet dependencies/requirements which can lead to build problems. That is why not all recipes listed by `bitbake-layers show-recipes` are included in `project-spec/configs/rootfs_config` and need to be added via `project-spec/meta-user/conf/user-rootfsconfig`

You can try adding package groups however in this situation you can not enable only one package in a package group.