Waveforms SDK Connection Type

hf-tl

Question

Hello,

I am working on an application using the Waveforms SDK. Similar to the Waveforms App, I would like to enumerate USB and Ethernet devices and display their serial and their respective connection type (USB or Ethernet).  I could not find any documented method to query the connection type for an enumerated device. Is this not supported using the SDK? Without the ability to query the connection type I would need to enumerate the devices twice (with different filters) and then a third time (with the corresponding filter) after I know the device to connect to. Have I overlooked something here?

I also found a similar request here, which mentions some undodumented but exported functions. Would this be considered stable enough to use?

Best Regards and Happy Holidays

4 answers to this question

Hi @hf-tl,

My understanding is that those functions are stable enough to use, though I too am not able to readily find any documentation on them, nor am I finding any easy method of identifying already enumerated devices outside of what you are describing with using the

dwf.FDwfEnum(c_int(enumfilterType|enumfilterNetwork), byref(cDevice))

flow or similar. Maybe FDwfDeviceOpenEx would help you in your situation, but it still wouldn't resolve the identifying the type of connection an enumerated device already has.

The developer of the WaveForms software and SDK who would be able to assist further (Attila) is out of the office until next year, so it will be a couple of weeks before I can offer any further assistance on this.

Thanks,
JColvin