The number of channels of the data is not the same as expected.

ZGSWA

Question

Hi, 

I use ulx for labview creat a daq program(The channel selected as picture,and the data of DAQ_B was saved as TDMS file,the rate is 1000).

As normaly, I will get 8 channels data in TDMS file,but now I get 77 groups totaly 77*8= 616 channels file.And every channel of the data just get a  small part of the data(and when I set  number of samples perchannel  is ‘-1’  in ulx Read vi also same, ).  The signal source is Instacal. 

And I run same Labview program  on two computers get different data(At my own PC the data is normal,the other is same as I mentioned before.The version of LABVIEW and Ulx F Labview.  instacal  is same in the two PC   ).The program and the version of instacal  is attached. The version of Labview is Labview 2021,32Bits.

Is anything wrong between ULX for Labview and Instacal?If so which version can I Use ?

Or is there something wrong with my program? If so,please point out it.

Best Regards and thanks a lot,😀

ZGSWA

image.png.eb0e27a89f9b25b7fe236bf822497eac.pngimage.thumb.png.7c0d1e51f2e6b40db14b42c67ecb86a9.pngDAQ__0915__Maind.thumb.png.e5ee00efd025f03cd6a8956868d51a4c.png

2 answers to this question

Hello,

It appears you have two devices, one is displayed on a graph and the other is displayed and written to a file. The data acquire loop reads 1000 scans ( 8 * 1000) each time around. Assuming the displayed data is correct, the problem lies within the National Instruments Write To Measurement File Express VI or with the Excel TDMS import tool, both of which are National Instruments products. For help, it is best if you reach out to them for assistance. One thing you could try is writing to CSV instead of TDMS.

best regards,
John

On 11/11/2022 at 12:17 AM, JRys said:

Hello,

It appears you have two devices, one is displayed on a graph and the other is displayed and written to a file. The data acquire loop reads 1000 scans ( 8 * 1000) each time around. Assuming the displayed data is correct, the problem lies within the National Instruments Write To Measurement File Express VI or with the Excel TDMS import tool, both of which are National Instruments products. For help, it is best if you reach out to them for assistance. One thing you could try is writing to CSV instead of TDMS.

best regards,
John

Hi  JRys,  

thanks for your reply and suggestion, I directly use TDMS Write  vi  write the data into tdms file,and finaly the tdmsfile is correct with my expectation.

thanks alot,

ZGSWA

image.thumb.png.0935c50b08f43bcd09c3655aff862096.png