A Missing Cable in my Package (Power Cable for "PCIe-DIO96H")

Amirhossein

Question

Hello,

I have purchased a digital I/O board named "PCIe-DIO96H" from Measurement Computing Company and am trying to mount it on my computer. I went over the manual provided by this company, and I am not sure if I am using the right cable as the board’s external power connector. 

Could you please send me an image of the mentioned cable which should be plugged to one of the four-pin Molex power connectors on my computer? I was unable to find any cables in the box of PCIe-DIO96H, but there was on in the box of the SSR_RACK that I should use, the picture of which is attached below.

image.thumb.png.f6bdb38ecc2894d7f09f4e3aa31cc680.png

Would you please let me know if this is the correct cable? If so, it is a bit long and I am not sure if there is enough space inside my computer case to fit the whole cable. Otherwise, this cable is missing in the package I have received, and it would be appreciated if you assist me on how I can receive it.

Kind Regards,

Amirhossein

3 answers to this question

Hi John

Thank you very much for your response. I ordered the first option you mentioned in your message (Molex to SATA), but I cannot find the right SATA port on the motherboard of my computer to plug it in. The ports specified by SATA on my motherboard are small (SATA 2 to 5 in the below image) and the SATA head of the cable cannot fit in. Would you please assist me with how I can plug this power cable to my computer and the whereabouts of the right SATA port on the motherboard? Do I need to purchase another cable or adapter?

1874368311_20221110_180539(2).thumb.jpg.54370c3ac69c31b7f4db281c48740c33.jpg

Kind regards,

Amirhossein

On 11/8/2022 at 11:12 AM, JRys said: