SOLVED! - Analog Discovery 2 - Pattern generator /Logic analyser

Deffe

Question

Hi,

I'm going to use the Analog Discovery 2 on a project and watched already some of the quickstart videos.
The thing I'm missing somewhere is:

Is it possible to use eight digital lines as pattern generator and at the same time on the left over eight signals the logic analyser?
Or can the instrument only operate one function at a time? (being analyser or generator, but not both at the same time).

Thanks,

Edited by Deffe
Question solved

2 answers to this question

Hi @Deffe,

Yes, you can use some digital I/Os as a pattern generator and other digital I/Os as the logic analyzer with no loss in sampling rate. All of the main hardware in Digilent's Test and Measurement devices (Analog Input, Analog Output, Digital Input, Digital Output, Power Supply) can be used simultaneously without issue.

What you are not able to do, of course, is have the same pins be used for multiple tools; so things like the Oscilloscope cannot be run at the same time as the Spectrum Analyzer because they are both trying to use the same two analog input pins.
If you do attempt to use both, WaveForms will run whichever one you have manually started and will automatically shut off the other tool and have a "Busy" message on it'\s page/window.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin