Connecting Impedance anlyser to multi channel multiplexer

H_M

Question

Hello all,

First time for me to ask in this forum.

I was just wondering, is there any recomneded multiplexer that I can connetct to the impedance analyser board of the digilent discovery 2 which will enable me to take multi frequency impedance measurments for more the one DUT?

Cheers

6 answers to this question

Hi @H_M,

There is not any particular recommended multiplexer that would do as you are describing.

Mechanical switches that let you route a single source to one of multiple options certainly exist, though I do not have a recommendation of one that would avoid adding any additional impedance to the system. Also since the Impedance Analyzer board uses a terminal block to latch onto whatever wires from the DUT, there will inevitably be some degree of (at least visually) jerry-rigging the setup.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hello @JColvin and @attila thanks for your responses.

Actually I came across this multiplexer and thinking to connect it to the two terminals of the impedance analyser.

https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/sparkfun-analog-digital-mux-breakout-cd74hc4067?variant=7544220801

Any suggestion on this.

Many thanks again to your replies.

Best wishes

H_M

Edited by H_M

Hello @attila thanks again for your response.

I am just wondering what does 60-270 Ohm? is it for the multiplexer or from the impedance analyser spesifications?

And if you can give a recomendation for a multiplexer type which does not need offset when used with the impedance analyser.

Best wishes

H_M

Hi @H_M

I saw the 60-270 Ohms in the CD74HC4067 sheet.
I'm not an EE but from experience the relays are the best for such purpose. The analog switches have lower consumption and are more reliable but have horizontal/vertical ( bw/voltage) limitations.

Edit: Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by attila