PCIe-DIO24 and InstaCal Compatibility with newer PCs

AndyC

Question

I am validating new computers (Dell Precision 5820 and IBM ThinkStation P520) with our existing PCIe-DIO24 cards and InstaCal version 6.10 (our original) and the new 6.73 but I seem to be having no luck with either InstaCal autodetecting the card in either of these PCs.  I have done all the basics like disabling antivirus and disabling power management.  I have tried many advanced BIOS settings changes in an effort to ensure compatibility like forcing the card to Gen1 speed and disabling link power management, but nothing seems to make a difference.

I have tried changing the logic level switch on the DIO24 but it does not make a difference either.

InstaCal launches, you can see what looks like an attempt at detection, but the PC Board list CB.CFG remains blank.  When I use our older Dell and IBM PCs they have no issue with the same PCIe-DIO24 and InstaCal 6.10 or 6.73 as the autodetect works every time.

Windows 10 and 11 Device manager sees the PCIe-DIO24 card and enumerates without issue.

Any ideas or suggestions for the PCIe-DIO24 and InstaCal on a newer PC would be great!

Thank you.

Edited by AndyC

5 answers to this question

Hello,

Use only InstaCal 6.73 for your testing. InstaCal 6.10 does not comply with the Windows 10 driver signature requirements. For Windows 10, InstaCal 6.60 is the minimum release.

For Windows 11, the minimum release is 6.73. Earlier releases will not work. 

The IBM ThinkStation P520 is an old Windows 7 computer from yesteryear and is not 100% compatible with Windows 10 or 11.

The Dell Precision 5820 is a new Windows 11 desktop and InstaCal 6.73 should locate the board. If you have trouble, make sure the Dell has the most recent updates from Dell. My 5820 has the Dell Updater and is always updating something. 

Best regards,
John

Hi John

Thank you for the response and information.  We will try your suggestions on the Dell and IBM.

I am pretty sure the P520 is only two years old as we are checking only newer PCs for our application.

Since you are with MCC could you check one thing I forgot to mention in my original post.  After I download InstaCal 6.73 from MCC and I extract and installed the software, it says version 6.72 in the help about.  Could you confirm that this is really version 6.73?  The date on the downloaded zip file is 6/8/2022

Thank you,

Andy

Edited by AndyC

After downloading InstaCal again and confirming it was the 6.73 version of InstaCal, it was able to detect and configure our PCIe-DIO24 cards in both the new Dell and IBM using Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Thank you John for your assistance.

Andy