VIs for Labview

MattA

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to add VIs to utilize my USB-1608G in Labview 2022 Q3.  I've read through the document 'LabVIEW_VI_UsersGuide.pdf, but the instructions are not correct.  Specifically it has the following text:

Add a DaqIO Pallet to an Existing Palette 1) Open a new blank LabView.vi 2) From the Tools menu item select: Advanced >> Edit palette views 3) In the “Edit Controls and Functions Palettes” dialog box select: “New Setup…” This is selected from the Palette view list box. 4) Enter a name for the New Palette View 5) Right mouse-click in an open space in the function palette; then select: insert >> submenu. 6) From the “Insert Submenu” dialog select: “Link to a directory” 7) Browse to and open the “C:\Program Files\DaqIO LabView Support” directory. 8) Click the “Select Curr Dir” button. The DaqIO submenu should appear in the function palette. 9) In the “Edit Controls and Functions Palettes” dialog box, click “Save Changes.”

In step 3, I don't see an Edit Controls and Functions Palette dialog box.  In Step 7, I don't have this directory.  I did select to install the optional labview support items when I downloaded mccdaq.

Also, in the Measurement Computing folder that was installed in the 'All Apps' on my windows Start Menu, I clicked on ULx For Labview Help.  When I click on that option, I get a dialog box indicating that the link is not found.

Thanks

Matt

Untitled.jpg

13 answers to this question

Hi Matt,

I'm sorry, but our current LabVIEW offering does not cover LabVIEW 2022. 

Assuming you can downgrade one version, install the InstaCal and ULx for NI LabVIEW that's on our DAQ Software CD download.https://www.mccdaq.com/downloads/MCCDaqCD/mccdaq.exe

After, you should have a Measurement Computing tool pallet under block diagram User Libraries. Our examples will be in \National Instruments\LabVIEW 2021\Examples\ULx\

At this time, there's no word as to when LabVIEW 2022 support will be available or the next CD release.

Getting started knowledge base article: https://kb.mccdaq.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50357.aspx

Best regards,
John

Thanks John,

I'm now using Labview 2021 version 21.0.  I've ensured that ULx for NI LabVIEW is installed using the mccdaq.exe installation file.  I still don't see the Tool pallet you refer to in my user library.  See picture.

thx

Matt

bla.thumb.jpg.07dc8cde329f6ae341025f09f537b61e.jpg

Hi,

I am using LabView 2019, and just installed the most recent mccdaq.exe from MCC website.  I encounter the same problem of not having the ULx library in the User Library palette.  I did exactly in your last post and put the ULx.mnu file in the \LabVIEW 2019\user.lib\ directory and restart LabVIEW, but the library did not show up.

Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hello @Kevin C.

Do you have other releases of LabVIEW on that system?

Do you have folders and files in the "..\National Instruments\Shared\ULx" directory?

Try moving the ULx.mnu file into the "..\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2021\user.lib\ULx" folder and then restart LabVIEW.

Also, copy the ULx.mnu file into the "..\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2021\menus\ULx" folder, if it's not already there, and then restart LabVIEW.

Regards,

Fausto

Hi Fausto,

To your questions:

Do you have other releases of LabVIEW on that system? No

Do you have folders and files in the "..\National Instruments\Shared\ULx" directory?  Yes

image.png.5dc2cfe6fa2681bc2df23f7f947c8c0e.png

Try moving the ULx.mnu file into the "..\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2021\user.lib\ULx" folder and then restart LabVIEW.  Done

Also, copy the ULx.mnu file into the "..\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2021\menus\ULx" folder, if it's not already there, and then restart LabVIEW.  Done

Just restarted LabVIEW, and ULx is still missing.  

Thanks,

Kevin

Any special configuration about your Windows user account?

Close LabVIEW and then uninstall ULx for NI LabVIEW.

image.png

Restart your system, but this time reinstall the MCCDAQ software by right clicking and selecting 'Run as administrator'.

Afterwards, launch LabVIEW and let me know if that helped.

Regards,

Fausto

I am able to get this to work now.  There are 2 places LabVIEW store the program, the 32 bit version and 64 bit version.  I fixed one but missed the other and it took me some time to figure this out.

Thank you for your help and I appreciate it 🙂.

Kevin