About BNC Oscilloscope 1X/10X Probe pair

Paul Chang

Question

Dear Sir,

My client recently purchased the Analog Discovery 2/BNC Adapter/BNC Oscilloscope 1X/10X Probe pair. The two probes seem not in the specs at 10x, can you assist in the assessment?

The following are the test conditions:

Hardware settings:

1612000224_testingsetup.thumb.JPG.389522210b6e689915af72a75ff9f536.JPG
1. Two probes are connected with BNC adaptor and are measure W1 and W2. (Waveform version is 3.18.1 ,are generate 1kHz square waves)

2.The square wave can be measured smoothly in the x1 .

In the x10 , the front end of the square wave is below the level, and the compensation of the adjustment knob still cannot reach the level (undercompensated, only the red probe is in the channel 1 can exceed level).

Please see my test as attach file.(test.rar)

Best Regards

Paul

test.rar

1 answer to this question

Hi @Paul Chang,

Based on your setup and the screenshots you provided, I would recommend reaching out to request to get a replacement of those probes (or maybe just the one that is faulty; I am not certain on the shipping process end of things about a single probe getting replaced). If you/your client purchased those probes directly from Digilent, they would need to reach out to support (dot) digilent (at) ni (dot) com with their purchase order number.

If the probes were instead purchased from a distributor (such as Digikey, Farnell, etc.) you will instead need to contact that distributor directly for their own replacement process.

Thanks,
JColvin