Trouble installing ULx for LabVIEW 2021

mPiszak

Question

Hello to all,

I recently upgraded LabVIEW from 2020 to 2021 (21.0.1f1) and no longer can install MCC driver for LabVIEW. I downloaded latest MCC DAQ software bundle form the website. InstaCal and Universal Library installations go without any problem, but when it gets to install ULx for LabVIEW I get "LabVIEW 2010 or later is required for this package". On the website description of ULx for LabVIEW it is stated that the support goes from LabVIEW 2010 to 2021 so I don't understand the issue.

Can anybody help with this problem?

Best regards,

Marcel

7 answers to this question

Hello Marcel,

Use the following https://www.mccdaq.com/downloads/LabVIEW2021_ULx/. The installation will find both of version of LabVIEW. My suggestion is to install to 2021 instead of letting the installer update both.  I'm not sure which device of ours you have, but you will also need the InstaCal utility. Make sure it is in InstaCal's board list.

Best regards,

John

Hello,

I am running LV 21.0.1 32 bits and I tried to install the package listed previously but with no result. Instacal in installed, the board is recognized, but neither Ulx help nor Ulx library appears in Labview menus.

Is there a solution ? A rollback to LV2020 is, sadly, out of question.

Thanks !

Hi Marcel,

See if you have a ULx folder in \National Instruments\Shared\ and in \National Instruments\LabVIEW 2021\Examples\. If the ULx folders are present the support is install. However, the menu file somehow vanished. The following KB article addresses this topic:

https://kb.mccdaq.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50382.aspx

The help file should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ULx. If it is there, you could make your own shortcut.

Best regards,

John

Hello, I am running LabVIEW 2022 Q3 32 bit (22.3f0) I am experiencing the same problem as Marcel above with this new software version. On the ULx install step I get a message that "LabVIEW 2010 or later is required for this package". and the install gets interrupted before the software can be installed.

I have instaCal 6.73 installed and it recognized my device.

I attempted the solution suggested by John using the files in the ULxForLV.zip in LabVIEW2021_ULx downloads folder. When I ran the software provided in this folder I got the same message and installation was unsuccessful. 

Can anybody help with this problem?

Kind regards,

Will

Hey Will,

The ULx for LabVIEW Installer program does not yet support LabVIEW 2022. Only versions from 2010 to 2021. I will check as to when we plan to release LabVIEW 2022 support and will update this thread.

I'm sorry for the bad news,

John